COVID-19 Testing in the Workplace: Measures an employer can take when developing a testing program.
Now that we've got a handle on the current issues Covid presents...let's talk about the near future...one in which we need to understand what we can, can't, should or shouldn't be doing when it comes to Covid testing in the workplace.
Click Here for full Compliance Bulletin
- CDC guidance states that workplace testing should not be conducted without the employee’s
- Informed consent requires disclosure, understanding and free choice.
- COVID-19 testing may be incorporated as part of a comprehensive approach to reducing transmission in non-health-care workplaces.
To fully support employee decision-making and consent, these measures
1) Safeguarding employees’ privacy and confidentiality;
2) Providing information that is complete and understandable on how
the employer’s testing program may impact employees’ lives;
3) Explaining any parts of the testing program an employee would
consider important when deciding to participate;
4) Providing information about the testing program in the employee’s
preferred language using nontechnical terms;
5) Encouraging supervisors and co-workers to avoid pressuring
employees to participate in the testing; and
6) Encouraging and answering questions during the consent process.
- CDC COVID-19 website
- Employer strategies for incorporating testing for COVID-19 in the workplace
- Nonstandard working arrangements information